If you’re voting for the first time, be sure you’re prepared once you arrive at the polls. All voters who appear at a polling place for the first time must show an approved form of photo identification.
Approved forms of photo identification (ID must be valid):
- PA driver’s license or ID card issued by PennDOT or other Commonwealth agency
- U.S. Passport or other ID issued by US Government
- U.S. Armed Forces, Student or Employee ID
Approved forms of non-photo identification (ID must include your name and address):
- Voter’s identification card issued by the voter registration commission
- Non-photo ID issued by the Commonwealth or U.S. Gov’t
- Firearm permit
- Current utility bill, bank statement or paycheck
All first time absentee ballot voters must send a copy of an acceptable form of identification with your ballot application. Once your identification is on file in the County, you need not send it again.